Signs you may be pregnant:
- Missed period - this is probably the most reliable sign but a missed period doesn’t always mean you are pregnant.
- Tender Breasts – this may be a sign but it may mean your period is on its way.
- Morning Sickness – this could come at any time of the day or night.
- Bloating – this could also mean your period is on its way.
To find out if you are pregnant, a pregnancy test needs to be carried out. This is done with a kit that can test the presence of a hormone that is found in a woman's urine when a fertilised egg implants in the womb.
This test can be carried out accurately, three weeks after unprotected sexual intercourse or if you have missed a period and think you may be pregnant.
For free pregnancy testing you can go to:
- Your GP
- Sexual Health Daily drop-in at Sexual Health D&G, Nithbank, Dumfries DG1 2SD.
Monday to Friday 9am -11 am
- School Nurse
- C2U clinics for young people under 20
- Pharmacies – you may have to pay
Frendz - Pregnancy Crisis Centre, DumfriesFrendz is a free confidential service run by professionally trained volunteers providing help for women and families facing a crisis pregnancy or post abortion stress by providing the following
- pregnancy testing
- support in exploring options in an unplanned pregnancy
- practical support for a woman struggling through a pregnancy
- post abortion counselling
You can contact Frendz as follows:
- Helpline Daily 9pm-11pm 07961865720
- Appointments can be made at other times on request by email (email@example.com) or phone / answering machine (07961865720)