Puberty - female
For most people, puberty occurs between eight and 16, however, people’s bodies develop at different rates, some can start early or late and develop quickly or slowly. What to remember is body changes are normal and many people feel worried that their body is not like everyone else's.
Some changes to expect
- you grow taller
- your nipples and breasts start to swell and fill out – often one breast is bigger than the other
- your body shape grows more rounded and curvy with a slim waist and broader hips
- hair grows under your arms, on your legs and genitals
- you may get spots
- the sweat glands are more active under arms and between legs
- your hair may get more greasy
- your periods start and you loose approx half a cup of blood during this time
- people can't tell when a girl is having a period
- vaginas come in all shapes and sizes!